Sunday, June 29, 2008

Up in Dallas

It is three o'clock in the morning and a rainstorm woke me up. Actually, I woke up a bit before the rain storm because a cat was meowing outside. The cat must have known the rainstorm was coming. I'm not really sure if Edwina's cat is an outdoor or indoor cat or even if it is Edwina's cat... so I hope it found a nice dry place.

The Manouso workshop is great. More on that on the teaching yoga and philosophy blog. One particularly nice thing about it is that there is no explicit teacher training. Actually, watching Manouso is great teacher training, but workshops are a little less time intensive without 9 hours of TT tacked on. Yesterday for example, class didn't start until 10 and it was over by three. I had the most leisurely morning I've had in a long time. I did med and pranayama and then went to get a bagel and coffee for breakfast and actually had plenty of time to digest it!

After class yesterday, I went to visit my friend and yoga student Nancy Chinn. Nancy teaches English at Baylor. A couple weeks ago she was diagnosed with acute leukemia and she is up here getting treatment for three weeks. She and her family, David and Nathaniel, seemed in good spirits. Please do keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: