Saturday, June 7, 2008

Busy Week

I've had a fun week down in Austin. One of my best friends from high school, Josh Hilberman, is in town for a tap festival. Yes, he is a professional tap dancer. He's performing tonight at the Sole to Soul dance festival out at St. Stephen's Episcopal School. Anyway, enough commerical promotion for my friend. We've gone out to lunch (Z Tejas, CM, and Mr. Natural) this week and caught up with the present dimension of our lives. Josh and his wife live in Boston, so our paths don't cross much anymore. However, it is just very relaxing/ mellow hanging out with someone who knew you way, way back when. As I've mentioned on previous posts, most people I hang out with these days haven't known me that long, so that contrast continues to be on my mind.

Wednesday I got the key to the new house. I love it! Jeff and I have watch the sunset off the balcony the past three nights. Really just stunning. I think it is my favorite place I've ever lived and I'm not even quite living there yet. Sort of moving stuff over gradual. Today, I'll probably move a bunch of clothes and books over. Then another van load of stuff next week. I won't have internet service there until Friday, so posts may be a bit sparse next week (like that's an unusual thing...) .

Thursday, I had marathon yoga sub day. I subbed four classes. It was really a lot of fun, but it would be a very hard way to make a living, so its good I've got the philosophy gig.

Other highlights of the week. Wednesday night class with Devon, a lovely afternoon practice at her studio as well, and my hatha start class this morning was really fun also. As much as I like subbing, there is something nice about just having my own class as well.

Off to do some packing.

No comments: