Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Writing on Wednesday

Craig Williams says Wednesday is a great day for writing because it is Mercury's day. Our word, Wednesday honors Woden, but think of Spanish, Wednesday is miercoles. Mercury's day.

In any event, writing did go pretty well today considering the complete disarray of my study. I wrote on the dining room table instead. I rewrote the section that deals with Socrates' conversation with Cephalus in the Republic. Cephalus is an aging patriarch who enjoyed the Greek equivalent of sex, drugs, and rock and roll in his youth, but now finds himself in a forced state of renunciation due to his age, his inability to indulge... I wrote/revised 1016 words which is a decent amount for the day and now I'm taking advantage of Mercury's energy and updating my blogs....


Update of events since my last post. I drove back to Waco and loaded up the mini van with more stuff (hence disarray of study). Christina and I had a fun day hanging out on Monday and then I taught a hatha star class at 6 PM which was tons of fun. Standing pose week.

Yesterday was Jeff's 40th birthday. He took the day off work and we spent the day together. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the popcorn was good too. Then we went to Alligator Grill for dinner, which was not so great, even aside from the fact the have no real veggie options. It does have two virtues: a great deck with an extensive misting system and it is extremely close to the house. Despite the fact that the food was not great, the day was and Jeff is so far handling the being 40 milestone very well.

Well, I'm going to eat some lunch, organize more things, get a massage and go to Devon's class.

No comments: