Monday, June 9, 2008

Back in Waco

I'm beat. Today was a super long, fun-filled, but super long day. Spent the first night in the new house. Slept well. Good sign. The balcony experience is really great in the mornings also. Nice cool breeze. okay, it is hard to remember that right now as it is still 93 degrees and when I came into my Waco house, it was 88 and the air conditioner was confused for some time about its dharma ... but now it is back on the path of liberation. Also, BIG NEWS. I did write a bit this morning. I have one room dedicated to writing, so I invoked the gods of writing and did some work. In case you were worried, I can still write philosophy.

This morning started early. Meditation in the new yoga room was great. I dropped Dylan the dog back off at Kelly's, filled up the gas tank ($3.98).... (insert your own rant about price of gas) and picked up Jeff and work and we headed down to San Marcos to practice. Did a lot of intense backbending, then headed back north to Waco. Taught my class, and came home. Marian, my totally amazing housekeeper, yard person, pet sitter, errand runner, has been packing boxes for me which is an enormous boon. Okay, I do still have to get the boxes into the mini van, but really, to have someone packing things up for me, really makes this whole thing much more manageable.

But right now, I'm sort of out of steam, tuckered out, (bizarre Georgia idiom )

No comments: