Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Update

I had a great time at the Mary and Eddy workshop. Jeff survived and enjoyed his first visit to Iyengar-yoga-land Aside from my classes, here and there, that is. (I did not make him wear bloomers, but he agreed not to bring his Ashtanga rug!) Mary even used him as a demo to show correct action....


I had a really nice morning hanging around the house. I wrote for a while. I'm happy enough with section one of the Republic Chapter (which sets out the self-mastery and harmony models of self comportment) and I spent some time thinking about how best to reorganize section two and have a plan of action... I have to let go of a lot of the initial structure I had previously written but as with most things in life, once I'm willing to let go of how I was doing something, the new way is so much better.

Then I did a very nice practice. I wrote out a target sequence for M3 (marichyasana three) and worked through some of it... Here's a great quote from the weekly BKS Dallas newsletter sent "practice. It will take care of all of your problems." Manouso Manos...

I also organized a few things around the house and now I'm getting ready to drive back upto Waco for the last yoga classes of the summer. Tonight, I'm having drinks with some friends after class and then tomorrow I've got a busy day doing SACS (assessment compliance reports) and other Baylor related activities.

More on practice, using LOY, and Mary and Eddy nuggets on the teaching blog soon.

No comments: