Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Starting to Move

I just finished loading my first van load of stuff that I will need in the new house. Wow. Really exciting. Up until now, my Waco house has remained more or less intact in that Kelli has a wonderfully furnished abode and i really only needed to move my clothes, yoga props, and various work related items. So far, I've put outdoor furniture, a coffee table, two chairs, a bed side table, a toaster oven, clock radio, and various other household items in the van. Mostly, I decided to pack what I could move easily and what I'd need most immediately.

Yesterday, I got into Waco around 4. Did a brief inversion practice and then went to teach my Monday class. We had a good session. This is the start of a four week mini session before the summer hiatus.

Then I got drinks with Gabrielle.

On a more sober note, Jeff had to put his cat Zulch to sleep last night. Jeff rescued baby kitten Zulch out of the light fixture of a house in East Zulch, Texas (hence Zulch's name) when he was a kitten. Zulch had a lot of personality. One of his most endearing traits was that he liked to have people watch him eat his food. He would meow quite insistently until you came to look at him eating. Anyway, by the time I met Zulch, Zulch had lost most of his hair (which didn't bother Zulch or Jeff) but last week, he lost a good deal of weight all of a sudden and so Jeff took him in for tests and it turns out he had kitty leukemia or something equally dire. Anyway, it is sad to lose a pet, so do send Jeff kind thoughts and wish Zulch well in his next incarnation!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

...for historical accuracy, Zulch the cat was actually found in North Zulch, Texas - I'm not sure if there is an East Zulch, but there may be a plain old "Zulch, Texas". Further corrections to his obituary would state that he was found in a room where he had fallen through a hole in a ceiling where a light was supposed to be so yours truly enlarged the hole enough to drop himself into the room to search for Zulch, the cat. He sometimes went by the name of Z, and is survived by Q, the dog... (the two letters you used to not be able to find on a telephone)