Friday, June 13, 2008

First Post from My New House

Well, this is really exciting. Here I am sitting at the kitchen table, connected via my own wireless. Posting. (Christina and I have decided we don't like the word blog as a verb). So I'm posting to my blog as opposed to blogging.

Equally, if not more exciting, a brand new bed is being delivered and assembled as I sit here. A couple weeks ago, CT and I went by Marigold and I saw this really cool bed. I almost bought it on the spot. But I held back... Since it was still there, I decided it was a sign and even more a sign, they can deliver it today.... It has an interlaced iron work pattern. Curiously, it is from Mexico, though Marigold is mostly Indian imports. Marigold is actually what I imagined that India might be like, nice sound track, lovely things.....

Brief update since my return to Austin. Mostly, the epic unpacking of boxes ... and yoga. I went down to CTs to practice Wednesday. We also had excellent salad for lunch. See her blog for details. Then I got another totally fabulous massage from Rebecca and went to Devon's class that evening. Jeff and I had pasta primavera for dinner. Quite yummy.

Yesterday was another busy day. I woke up early and unpacked some boxes. I subbed Mandy's class at 9 and we worked on inversions. Then I drove out to my most excellent chiropractor, Ben Anderson at Austin Holistic Health. I came home for a while and had some leftover pasta primavera (still quite yummy) and then picked up Jeff at work and we went to Christina's classes and then out for Ethiopian Food with Jesse and Meg. I've been craving Ethiopian for about a month and I was starving so it really tasted fabulous. Each time I've gone, I've liked a different dish from the Veggie Sampler the best. First time, I loved the red lentils. Second time, the yellow lentils. This time, the eggplant was great.

Today, the cable guy came and I unpacked, wrote (for a whole hour!!!). I ventured out for a little while to buy the bed and go to Tuesday morning and Sun harvest, but mostly I've hung out at home. And that is really great.

No comments: