Monday, October 20, 2008

We are out of vegetables

Here is a picture of my step-daughter, Christa and her fiance, Chris. . Christa has been teaching English in Thailand since May or so and for a variety of reasons she decided not to return for the final semester. She has a job doing wedding dress alternations at a nice place in Salado and wants to get into the Renaissance Fair costume making trade. Christa is a very gifted seamstress, as evidenced by the above outfits that she made.

Christa's engagement party was at La Fiesta, a Mexican food place in Waco. Anne, in newly vegan mode was greeted with vats of queso on the table, but luckily it did not look like very good queso...I just had salsa, Happily, salsa is vegan. After careful study of the menu, I decided on veggie fajitas... The waitress comes back to inform me that We are Out of Vegetables." Hilarious, completely out of vegetables. Imagine. I had guac and black beans and rice.

That aside, it was a nice trip up and back. Lenore and Henry were there and it was really nice to catch up with them. Lenore had just gotten back from a week in kentucky and Henry basically took the week off of Law School to take care of H.W. for the week.

3 comments:

Christina Sell said...

The Life and Times of A Vegetran in Texas...

Christina Sell said...

that should have said, vegetarian... as we all know I suck at typing. Good at other things, not at typing accurately.

Jeff said...

As Anne pointed out, the waitress didn't seem to express being out of vegetables was anything unusual. Personally, I had a dumbfounded look as I wondered what was in the kitchen if there were "No Vegetables". I imagined a Carniceria with flies, blood and entrails, carcases of various animals drying on hooks...


...I'm not a vegetarian.