Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting ready to go to NYC



Here's a picture of me during my last trip to New York. On our way to find ViraYoga, Jeff and I passed by this very cool clothing store that used the word philosophy to sell its wares. Philosophy for sale. How about that?

Anyway, our plane leaves this afternoon and we get in late tonight and get back late Monday. I really love going to New York City. I love the food, the art, the yoga (the Iyengar Institute is there and ViraYoga is pretty cool as well). Basically, I like the overall energy of the place. When I was a child, we lived outside of NYC and going into the city for field trips kind of scared me, but as an adult I love it. I started going there pretty regularly in grad school and it just has turned out academia has offered me quite a few occasions to go. Every fall, I have the Society of Ancient Greek Philosophy up there (though I did find out that this may be the last year it is held there).

I'm also looking forward to seeing my good friend, James, and hopefully my former student, Natalie, as well. And also all my philosophy conference buddies.

Well, off to do a bit of pre-flight yoga, print off my conference paper, pack, and head to the airport.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

oops, I guess I could have checked here before I emailed. Hope you have a wonderful time and the paper is well received. :-)