Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday After Lunch


This is a picture of me outside Devon's studio. I've decided that I should post more pictures on my blog and now that I have a new cell phone with a camera, that should be easy to accomplish. I'm getting ready to go practice with Devon in a couple hours. After that I'll come home and then Jeff, Jesse, Meg and I are going to a Dance Umbrella performance at an Old Dance Hall some where a bit north east of town. Should be quite a cultural adventure in many ways.

Let's see. I've had a good week. I had a very productive day yesterday. I revised the Intro to A Philosophic Muse (APM) and am pretty happy with it. I streamlined a lot of the unnecessary background info I originally had in there. I'm going to take another pass at it in a bit and do some more Republic reading. I also finally sent a proposal for APM to Parmenides press and the editor was enthusiastic about receiving it, so that is good.

I'm also continuing to feel a lot better with the new herb/veganism regime. I really feel like I"m coming out of this hazy fog I've been in for quite some time. I've been struggling a lot with mental focus and motivation for well over a year and yesterday was the first day I felt really sharp and engaged. It is strange to think it really could have just been a slightly out of whack thyroid all along and not some major psychological obstacle. Well, it was a psychological obstacle but how interesting to learn that it really may have been pysiologically based.

Yoga wise I've spent most of the week in Iyengar Land (except for CT's classes on Tuesdays and Craig's class last night ) but more on that on the Iyengar blog.

No comments: