Friday, October 17, 2008

Golden Retriever Update



I mentioned in a previous post that I decided to get a golden retriever puppy.





Here is a picture of Lisa's step-daughter's Golden Retriever, Sammy. As a "former" step mom, I really love this story. Lisa's step-daughter really wanted a dog when she was like five or something and her parents said she had to wait until she was 8, (probably thinking she would forget)... Then on her eighth birthday, the step-daughter said, "Where's the dog????" Here's the great thing... the Golden Retriever goes where the kids go. So Lisa also has part custody of Sammy. Christa, my own step-daughter, didn't come with a dog, though she had many of them at her mom's....

Lisa, upon hearing that I wanted a Golden, brought Sammy and her non-step dog, who she brought into the marriage, who I think is Jack Russell Terrier and whose name I do not remember unfortunately, though he was super cute and seemed to deal well with the fact that I was obsessed with Sammy of the giant paws .. to meet me last Saturday after yoga class.

Anyway, the dog update is that I've found a place outside of Houston that breeds lovely Golden's (Renegade Goldens) and have reserved a soon to be created puppy from the litter matching of Ryder and Riley. Ryder will be donating sperm from his location in St. Louis I think. Here is the link. The above puppy picture is a picture of the mom, Riley, when she was a puppy. Here is another one



Riley is set to be impregnated next weekend and assuming all goes well, I should be able to get the puppy around the end of Feb. Very exciting. I've wanted a Golden Retreiver (and a BMW) my whole life, so waiting another four months does not seem so long... We'll see on the BMW. I have grown increasingly fond of the Honda Odyssey/ Shuttle Craft.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, I'm SO excited that you have identified a breeder, and now you just have to sit and wait. What fun!!!! I sincerely hope to have the chance to meet your puppy. I'm going to send you a picture of Sammy, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Chulo--I knew you only had eyes for Sammy!--and the kids' other dog (who lives at their Mom's house but visited us one day). A very lovely blended family!! Lisa

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

Thanks Lisa, It is really exciting. Blended dog families are great.