Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Morning Update

Yesterday, I had a productive day writing. Writing is more enjoyable when it is all I have to do.

Anyway, I worked in the morning, inverted around lunchtime, worked more in the afternoon, then went to CTs Tuesday classes at Westgate. I felt really stiff from all the sitting and was sort of mentally tired, but about half way through the flow class, I began to feel better. Oh yes, this is why I do yoga. I was even quite shocked that standing baby cradle went okay. Standing baby cradle is probably my least favorite pose in Anusara-Land. I dislike it even more than all the various pigeons..
In fact, one great thing about Iyengar Land is that I know I won't have to do Standing Baby Cradle. Even as grueling as the Asthangha classes are, at least I know there is no standing baby cradle in the primary series.. However, in Anusara-land... it is their way... so it goes.... The hip opening advanced class was pretty gruelling, I was really glad I'd done flow before hand... but I did get a lot of deep opening, and my mind was much clearer at the end of class. Really different feeling than after backward bending, but both are cathartic and clarifying.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to get started again. I'm going to work some more on the two-page proposal, chapter by chapter summary, and I need to decide on a sample chapter to send off.

3 comments:

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Maybe someone could point out exactly where in the Anusara syllabus Standing Baby Cradle can be found? Is it before
Timid Koala?

Christina Sell said...

classic.