Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Morning

Well, I have to say it is nice just to be sitting around this morning not doing much of anything except waiting for Mandy's advanced yoga class to begin (at the very sane hour of noon) rather than being 1.5 hours into a three hour class at this point.

George's workshop was great, We did an unusual sequence in the morning that interspersed Adho Mukha Svanasana with pretty much all of the baby backbends and lateral standing poses in the morning. In the afternoon ,we started off with two lovely versions of supta badha konasana and then a lengthy foray in to supta virasana and paryankasana to make supta virasana better, lots of variations on Full arm balance and Pincha and then we did a lot of dwi pada viparita dandasana with and without chair and chakra bandhasana was the grand finale... Good hard work, good fun. More on George's teaching style on the Teaching Philosophy blog.

I was pretty tired after pretty much a week straight of 6 hours of yoga a day.

Jeff and I ordered a yummy pizza margherita from Southside Pizza in celebration of our six month anniversary and also for surviving the yoga marathon.

that's all that's new this morning in Austin

2 comments:

jenn said...

I so enjoyed sharing the pole with you Anne.

And I loved George. When I left the studio he gave me a giant bear hug that made me sob in the parking lot. What sweet tenderness in that bear of a man.

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

so glad you came Jenn. George is wonderful...

a bear of a man is a good way to describe him.