Friday, August 22, 2008

One Year Anniversary of Anne in Austin

Last night, I realized that I've been in Austin a little over a year. A year and a week ago I spent my first official night in Austin. It has been an eventful year in many ways. I was just writing an email to my step daughter Christa who is teaching English at a vocational school in Thailand... I was updating her about my life and somewhere in the recounting I remarked that sometimes my new life doesn't seem quite real yet. What an odd thing to say and yet it is true...

Maybe because things are so much more fun and less complicated, sometimes it is hard to believe the good fortune, so that is a practice too. Becoming firmly established in happiness.

On the more mundane what Anne has been doing in Austin level... I've been pretty immersed in Iyengar Land. Last weekend, I did the public workshop with Gabriella and then Sunday through Thursday I had the good fortune to be invited to a private retreat with her out at a ranch in the country. Jeff came along with me and he did a great job holding up to the many rigors of Iyengar land.

One great thing about living in Austin is coming back to Austin, we got back a little after lunch and went to CTs classes that afternoon. In all, the retreat and the return was a nice end to the summer of yoga.

Yes another landmark: I'm now officially on sabbatical. Yesterday was the general faculty meeting so the semester has started. In keeping with that

Today, I've spent the day writing, working on a revised book proposal for A Philosophic Muse, grading comps, and getting ready to read Lewis' dissertation chapter. I need to buy a few things at CM, then do inversions and I'm teaching the restorative class at 6 at south tonight. First class I've taught in about two weeks.

1 comment:

Jeremiah Wallace said...

In 5 days, I will have been in Austin 2 years. Crazy the differences you notice in yourself in such a short period of time.