Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Rainy Morning in Waco

The weather is State College-esque. For those readers of the blog who are not my family members and long time friends, briefly explanation may be in order. It rains all the time in State College. Cold, wet, dark, damp rain. I didn't know I was Kapha then, but it explains a lot of why I was so unhappy and lethargic there. Anyway, today is one of those SC days. Imagine this for a month at a time.

After a few years I got over feeling depressed whenever it rained, sometimes I even like it now, at least I have a context for appreciating it (avoiding August water bills).

Anyway, one of the things I've been doing in my new phase of life is listening to more music. I've really enjoyed Robert Plant and Allison Krauss' Raising Sand. I was thinking to myself and musing to a friend that Robert Plant is a rock god and lo and behold, check out this morning's NYT review of the Led Zeppelin reunion. One great line, "the band found much of its former power in tempos that were more graceful than those on the old live recordings. The speed of the songs ran closer to that on the group’s studio records, or slower yet. “Good Times Bad Times,” “Misty Mountain Hop” and “Whole Lotta Love” were confident, easy cruises; “Dazed and Confused” was a glorious doom-crawl."

love that a glorious doom -crawl.

off to give my last final.

No comments: