Sunday, December 16, 2007

In Austin for a good long while now

Well, it was a weekend of beginnings and endings in Waco. Friday night I went to Jessy Jordan's wedding. It was really a lovely event. Jamie's dress was beautiful, the church was lovely, decorated for Christmas. I had a great time! At the service, I was struck by the fact that weddings are both a beginning of a life together and the end of previous phase of life.

Saturday morning: Christa's graduation, more on that on the teaching philosophy blog. but also an ending clearly of a long educational process, but a beginning as well, a commencement of a new life.

So both those events seemed quite appropriate to my current state of new beginnings and endings.

Saturday night: I went to the philosophy department Christmas party. Fun event. My second encounter with Rudy's BBQ, went there for lunch with Christa and Mike and Joanne had it catered. Then I also went to Pam's holiday bash.

Great weekend in all, a nice ending note to leave Waco behind for a while. I'll be down here, until New Years when I go up for Skye and Cole's wedding and then back down here til school starts.

Today, I went to Mandy's advanced class, did inversions, and went to see Craig for acupuncture and whole foods where the mac and cheese had just come out of the oven!
YUM.

No comments: