Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Morning Pre-Carlos


This is Milo posing for his daily photo shot last night.

Carlos Pomeda's Workshop on the Gita is this weekend at Christina's place. I went down for the afternoon session yesterday after teaching my morning yoga classes. I'd done his home study course in the Spring and I realized I just enjoy learning a lot more in the "live" environment, more on that on the teaching blog perhaps.

What a luxury to spend 12 hours on a text like the Gita ! I read the Barbara Stoller Miller translation this time around and really found it about the most accessible I've read.

So other news, I had a good day writing, have been in conversation with Parmenides Press about my book, they are anxious to see it, that and the end of sabbatical is motivating me a good bit and the shape of the final chapter is coming together, weaving the stranding together. So I hope to have a really good draft of the Republic chapter by the time Mom and Dad get here and I can then turn the final revisions of the whole.

Friday afternoon, I took Milo over for a playdate with Dylan. Dylan is my former housemate Kelli's dog. It was nice to touch base with Kelli. She's busy writing her book as well. It was very nostaglic going over to Tarrytown. I really feel like I live in Austin now, and that is where the Anne in Austin all started.

Here's some photo fun.









and video footage as well.










This is Milo getting ready for bed.

No comments: