Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sparkle Lights and Raw Hide Toys


This is a picture of Q in front of the fire with a rawhide bone. More on the joys of the rawhide bone below.


I'm sitting at the dining room table which used to belong to my grandmother, looking out over my balcony. Jeff put up some Christmas lights for the Meet Milo party and he set them on a timer so they come on automatically a little after dark. Right now, I'm looking at them and behind them there are the lights of South South Austin and highway 360, wchi sort of look like more sparkle lights. Anyway, it is quite lovely. Not as lovely as the sunset, but lovely in its own way. I tried to capture the view, but with my cell phone camera, well... fill in with your imagination.

Today was a really fun day. I had breakfast with Josh at Whole Foods. Josh had never been to the Mother Ship, and he really likes food. We grew up eating all the great food in Chapel Hill together. It is really too bad it was really too cold and too early for their gelato as ice cream was an integral part of our relationship. There was an actual Haagen Daz store in Chapel Hill. They had the best fudge sauce and real whipped cream, but I digress. Anyway, that was fun. I got a facial and went to Gillian's lovely yoga class, then I came home to a lovely housecleaning in progress courtesy of DeLora and wrote a bit. Actually, wrote some in the early morning also, which was nice to get back to, that hasn't been my schedule of late.

Then I taught Christina's advanced class and that was fun. We worked with using the wall in various ways to support standing poses.

Milo had his second round of shots yesterday. He now weighs 16 pounds. Here he is at the vet.





He's pretty rambunctious but super cute. There is relative calm right now because he's chomping on a raw hide bone. It really is good for about 30 -45 minutes of puppy self-contentment. Video below.


2 comments:

Jenn Walsh said...

Let me tell you from experience, and from my 3 dogs, that rawhide bones will be your BFF :) Seriously, it's the only thing that quites them for a good 15 minutes..and helps keep their teeth clean! :)

Svetha said...

I think Milo is so cute. What a fun-filled fuzz ball!