Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Missing Austin

Well, it has been over a week since I've been in Austin and I'm really just wanting to be down there, but I'm in Waco watching Napoleon Dynamite. Christina asked me if I was excited about my trip to NYC and I said I was but I was way less excited than last year when I only lived in Waco. I love living in Austin so much that I feel less of a need to get away. That feeling lasted until about Friday afternoon when I was having lunch with Natalie at this great Greek place, three great yoga classes into being there and then going to the sutra discussion group. Sitting there in the discussion group, I just felt this incredible sense of peacefulness of being fully and completely at home. I really could move to New York. Except it really does get pretty cold there and then I just do love Austin it has so much of the things that I love about NY, good yoga classes that I don't teach, good food, hip people, a present moment enjoy life ethos, so I don't know I guess Austin is like the New York I can realistically manage from where I am right now and that is worth a whole heck of a lot, plus the better weather.

No comments: