Saturday, September 22, 2007

Vegan Potluck

Okay, on the face of it, a vegan potluck does not sound like all that exciting a social event, but Eileen, Owner of Austin Kula, invited me and it turned out to be great!. The food was fabulous, including a TVP and saffron rice dice that really did taste like sausage! and a great dark chocolate tofu cream pie. Starting with 82% Dark Scharffenberger Chocolate doesn't hurt any dessert!. Eillens' house was lovely and I met a lot of people I've seen in various yoga classes, Like Cooper and Carolyn, and various people in the "you must be Christina's sister" circle of acquaintances. Anyway, it was a fun evening.

Prior to that, I went over to CM on 35th and Lamar to get my brussell sprout contribution (taking a cue from Stuart who always brings brussell sprouts to pot lucks). It was a zoo and I remembered I was supposed to go hear the african drum guy with Jesse, et al, but after the Temple, I had to go get a yoga chair and some Aruyveda stuff and then I really wanted to practice. I Actually haven't practiced a lot in Austin because there are so many classes to go to, so it was nice to sink into one of my all time favorite sequences, the sinus sequence from the BIG iyengar coffee table book. Dwi Pada Viparita dandasana is the pose that made me realize I'd do yoga for the rest of my life and wow, it came through today!!!

Just got back from walking Dylan (Dylan had a visitor Reggie earlier today. Reggie is a sort of lab-ish looking dog, with short stocky legs. He who like to lick you on the face! Still Dwi Pada was good.

No comments: