Monday, January 5, 2009

Big Day of Writing




I worked a lot today. I took my car in to be inspected. The Check Engine light was on so they told me it could not pass inspection. It may well be that it needs a new catalytic converter. Sigh. I'm waiting on them to say for sure. Since I don't have a car, I wasn't able to go to Devon's happiness class, which is a bummer as it is the last one I'll get to go to for a while. Once school starts back, I'll be in Waco on Mondays.

Anyway, the upside of car trouble... I spent a couple hours there waiting on it and got a ton of work done, then when I was starving and brain fried, I walked home, ate and worked some more. I'm getting ready to do a bit of yoga and hopefully clear my head.

Above are some pictures of Milo helping me work. It reminded me of my late mentor, Carl Vaught. Carl had a great dog named Otto who always rested at Carl's side while Carl was writing. Carl actually dedicated one of his many books to Otto, which I thought was very sweet.

No comments: