Monday, September 22, 2008

A New Week

Well, I'm getting ready to start on a brand new week of writing. I've got a number of non writing related tasks to accomplish also, found a nail in my tire yesterday and there's a bunch of house organization stuff to do. I finally got Grandmartha's dining room table moved down to Austin. It looks great. Fifties furniture in a fifties house. Also, Jeff and I went to a garage sale saturday and I found this really cool wicker baker's rack so now there's more storage. That's the main drawback about the Westrock house. Very little storage space. My house in Waco has tons and I definitely got spoiled.

I have to say I'm glad to put last week behind me. This weekend was fun however. Heide and I practiced Friday afternoon and then I went to Wahoo's with her and a friend of her's Callie. Wahoo's food and drink wise was really good. I'd definitely go back. Later that night Jeff and I went to go see Mark Franke's band play at Flipnotics. I'd never seen hip hop live and it was just great. Really elemental. What you go see live music for. I didn't even mind being about 20 years older than the average audience member...

Saturday I taught my class at Yoga Yoga worked on a back bending restorative ish sequence and then Jeff and I drove upto Waco to get the furniture. Stopped by to see Lenore and H.W. H.W. is huge and then we met Gabrielle and Tony and Marie, Brian, and Catherine at the Dancing Bear Pub. It was great to see everyone. It is strange going back to Waco after such a long stretch it is like seeing it with the eyes of someone who doesn't live there anymore.

Sunday I subbed for Charlie, inverted, looked up poses that relate to stimulating the thyroid (found out last week I have hypothyroidism)... and went to my favorite HEB down here on a massive grocery shop. Excellent news for the apple eaters! Honey crisp apples are in and they were on sale at HEB, 50 cents off a pound... Yum.

No comments: