Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Morning

I'm up very early this morning, actually I usually wake up pretty early/can't get back to sleep and so I do meditation and pranayama and go back to sleep for a couple hours. This morning however, I'm sufficiently awake that I am not feeling the need to go back to sleep. I'm excited about getting at least an hour of writing in before I go to Heide's class, actually closer to two. I've had a relatively productive week even though I haven't felt all that great.

Let's see yoga wise, I subbed three of Ct's classes while she was away and two of Devon's while she was away and practiced with Heide and Yves on Wednesday, but otherwise I've pretty much taken it easy yoga wise.

The biggest news of the week is that I started in on a new eating regime that is approaching being more vegan. I called Mary and Eddy about yoga and thyroid and they did give a couple poses and said double your time in inversions, but Eddy's primary recommendation was omitting fat from animal products. Told me to read the book The China Study . I really love cheese and eat way more of it than I should and I've been eating a lot of egg whites lately, so shifting to more vegan sources of protein is a lot. After an initial mourning period of a few hours, I've actually not found it very difficult so far. This is only day four. But I made a great sweet potato dish yesterday, yummy hummus and wrote a long list of all the vegan friendly foods I do actually like. I ordered some Vegan cookbooks and some books on Plato from Amazon and they arrived yesterday.

Randy and Leeane are coming down for the Lois Steinberg workshop this weekend. It will be fun to see them.

I'm looking forward to CTs return also. It has been a different feeling week not taking five of her classes and I don't think we've even talked via cell phone since last Friday.

No comments: