Saturday, May 17, 2008

Up in Dallas

Well, it has been awhile since I've blogged. I've really been very busy with end of the semester tasks of one sort or another and really have been pushing the envelope of getting everything done and blogging does not seem to be a high priority activity and then like most forms of writing, or really most forms of doing anything, when you get out of the habit of it, it is harder to do and easier not to do and so it goes.

but now the semester is over. No more class prep until the middle of January. I have various and sundry tasks associated with grad director activities over the summer but then I'm on research leave in the fall.

My primary task between now and January is to finish my Plato book and get it sent off for review. I actually am striving to have that done by August and then I can turn to writing Plato's Agent in the Fall.

Though life has been feeling a bit too busy, I'm really enjoying my new life in Austin. Jeff and I are having a lot of fun hanging out and getting to know each other better. I'm loving teaching at yoga yoga and taking Christina's and Mandy's classes on a regular basis.

. I'm beginning to look for my own house to rent down here and I've put my house on the market in Waco.

This weekend I'm up at the Mary and Eddy Workshop in Dallas. I'm learning a ton and their teaching seems very timely to me. More on that on the teaching yoga and philosophy blog.

2 comments:

Christina Sell said...

So glad you posted again. I have grown practically despairing waiting for an update! (Of course since I talk to you on the phone every day it is not really an insurmountable form of despair... But think of Momzy...)

Can't wait for the Mary and Eddy Download.

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

Yes. I must think of Momzy