Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Week in Waco

I've been in Waco since Saturday which is a bit of a switch from my regular schedule. Since H.W. left Saturday night, I've spent a good bit of time reading, more prospective student interviews and I hosted the prospective party Sunday Night. That was tons of fun. Pizza from Rosati's is always great and I really do like hosting parties even without festive beverages!! Really, it is fun interacting with the students and faculty and just really feeling like a part of the ongoing creation of the Baylor PhD program.

Monday, I slept a bit later than usual, prepped for class (more on that on the teaching blog) taught, taught yoga, practiced a bit somewhere in there and then went to The Grape with Amy and Stuart which was quite mellow and fun.

Today, I got my haircut, prepped for Nietzsche, had coffee with my new colleague Jon Kvanvig, taught a great class (more on that on the teaching blog) taught a great back bending class right after, a look at all the various bent knee poses on the junior I syllabus:

got a lovely massage from CJ and talked to CT briefly.

Tomorrow's another big non stop day really just about every hour is scheduled with something fun, exciting, therapeutic, or important) and I'm heading back to Austin right after yoga as I'm subbing Mandy's class at 9 on Thursday morning.

that's the way it is the life of this dual citizen

No comments: