Monday, February 11, 2008

Action Packed Weekend in Austin

I had a really great weekend in Austin. Christina's yoga immersion was lots of fun and filled with information. Had a great breakthrough with my shoulder. Went to El Arroyo for dinner with some yoga people on Saturday night. Saw a band called the Reivers on Sunday night. Fun weekend all in all.

This morning I got up and practiced with Peggy and Devon for a little while then went to an appointment with Craig. Craig came to talk to the immersion, so in addition to shoulder accunpture we talked about the cultivation of buddhi, the value of practice and non-attachment to outcome and the protection that brings.

After that, I drove upto Waco. Taught Anne Lamott. We talked a lot about body image and eating disorders, more on that on the teaching blog. Then a BIC meeting, then yoga, and am finally at home winding down.

3 comments:

whatnot said...

ack! I feel like I was around you all weekend, yet didn't get to talk much. See you soon.

Pamela said...

Cultivation of Buddhi mind was one of the things that was DEFINITELY on my brain after Craig's talk and the how that relates to being indecisive in life. I was struck by that, as well as just thinking about the importance of what you "feed" yourself -- physically, spiritually, emotionally -- from reading materials to food to TV shows, music and conversations. That resonated with me.

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

I know, Ari, intensives are really intense. Not enough time for chatting.

Really got me thinking about background noise too, Pam. All the things we let in.