Monday, November 19, 2007

Post Weekend Update

Well, another fun 48 hours in Austin.

Drove down Saturday morning and taught at YY. Teaching yoga there is such a great learning experience. More on that at some point on the yoga and philosophy blog. Saturday, I practiced the sequence I mentioned last post. Devon and I went to Galaxy cafe again and I had sweet potato french fries for the first time. I'm now quite a fan of them. Then we went to this open house, art and music fund raiser at Austin School of Yoga. Met some new people and had fun just seeing yoga people in a more social context. I bid on some art in the silent auction, but apparently didn't win... Sunday I went to yoga class with Larissa at Castle Hill and then went to Mandy's Advanced Hatha class. Both women did an excellent job. Got some much needed grading done and then had coffee with a former student (actually a former Peer Instructor) Robert Watson. Robert is now studying French at Vanderbilt and was in town visiting his sister. It is really exciting to see his enthusiasm for learning.

Then I headed down to San Marcos. Had dinner with Mom and Dad at Christina and Kelly's house. Great pizza and salad,

Well, the traffic has cleared now so I'm back up to waco until Tuesday evening.

No comments: