Wednesday, November 21, 2007

First Thanksgiving Holiday in Austin

For about a decade, if not more, Mom and Dad, have spent Thanksgiving week in Texas. Prior to last year, they spent all that time in Waco. Last Thanksgiving, they came to Waco, went down to SM and I joined them there for a while and then they came back upto Waco I believe.

This year, Austin is in the mix. I came down to Austin last night after a great intermediate yoga class. James was in town for business and visiting his family for the holidays. We went to several places on South Congress. It was sort of strange seeing him in my "real life" or my "new real life." Usually, we connected when I'm in NYC for conferences. We had a good time, though I do think Austin is not particularly cool for someone who lives in NYC, where as it is very cool for a former non-dual citizen of Waco. There's much that Nietzsche is right about, but he's surely right about the perspectival nature of our experience of truth..
Be that as it may.

. I got up early enough to go to Devon's class and mostly had a mellow day. I read The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. This is a memoir of the former editor of Elle. He suffered a stroke and then "locked in syndrome." he could only communicate by blinking his left eyelid and he managed to write this totally life affirming work.

Peggy is coming by in a bit to deliver the art I won at the silent auction and then I'll go to Devon's afternoon class. I may drive down to San Marcos after that, not sure.

No comments: