Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday in Austin

I'm drinking coffee Kelli's (and my) lovely dining room in Austin It is a great room and I'm optimistic that I'll write well in it. I drove down yesterday afternoon right after World Cultures I. My small group seems very enthusiastic about the discussion-based learning aspects of BIC. I went to Devon's 4:15 class (class was great, backward bends in honor of Devon's mother's birthday) and then Christina and Kelly met me there. We were supposed to go the Marcia Ball concert in Zilker but it was totally pouring rain when we headed there, so we opted for plan B. Central Market with live music and some shopping/browsing in Whole Earth and Bealls (for a new bathing suit for Christina) afterwards. Then I came home (loved the very short drive up Mopac) and I walked Dylan. In all, quite fun.

This morning I'll write and walk Dylan, meet Christina for Connie's Class and then take Christina's classes tonight, at least that's the plan. We'll see how it all unfolds.

4 comments:

Jeri said...

Hi Anne,
Good seeing you in Christina's class. Do you and Christina ever teach together?
You probably already know about this place, but just want to mention the Eastside Cafe. Also on the eastside is Boggy Creek Farms which is a wonderful organic grower with a truly gourmet spirit. My favorite coffee in Austin is from Armadillo Coffee Roasters downtown (around 10th and Red River), Italian Roast for me. The owners are great folks. It's a true working roaster place, but there is a place to sit and have coffee. I like to think of my copious coffee consumption as fresh squeezed bean juice although I realize this is not at all accurate.
OK, please post any classes in Austin you'll be teaching, would love to come. Best, Jeri

Jennie W said...

Hey there Anne,

thought I would leave a comment...sounds like you are settling in well with your new digs...I think the set-up sounds pretty cool!!!

Great idea for the BLOG, maybe I need one...hmmmm

Christina Sell said...

Jeri, did you know that Kelly and I owned and operated a coffee roasting cafe in Arizona before we moved here? And there is plenty of research out there about coffee's benefits. For instance, women who drink coffee are 65% less likely to commit suicide than those who do not drink coffee. Shocking? I think not. Bottoms up everyone.

Oh, Hi Anne! I do realize this is your blog. (But Jeri never posts on mine... Kidding, jeri Just a cyber-guilt trip!)

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

Jeri, Christina and I have not yet taught together, but we are thinking about doing some joint workshops.

Right now, I'm just wanting to get on the sub list in various places in austin. In the spring when I'll be more consistently in austin thursday-monday, I'll pick up a regular class or two.