Sunday, August 26, 2007

A great weekend.

even though I wasn't in Austin.

After my visit to Anusara land Thursday, I experienced the "class after class" and the Anusara Kula graciously allowed me to tag along with them to Trudy's. Trudy's, (another location, but still Trudy's) is actually the very first place I ever went to in Austin. My freshman year in college I came to some concert or another up here, and Susan Dobkins and I went to Trudy's. Funny, I remember the friend and the food, but not the concert. It might have been Sting, but you think I would remember that!!!!!! Anyway, I had a great time hanging out with Jessy, Pam, Ari, and Jenn. The drive up to Waco was not at all bad Friday morning.

Friday at work one of those Time turners would have come in handy. Most of the afternoon, I was supposed to be two places at once and for one 30 minute period I was supposed to be in three meetings simultaneously.

Friday night I went to a very fun place in Waco, the Elite Cafe, I35 prime is my favorite, but I really do like the Elite then I had book club. Marie picked me up and we went out on Nancy and Joe's boat. Perfect night to be on Lake Waco. I was feeling a tad guilty about not actually having read the book (My lack of reading fiction and attempts to overcome it will be a future blog post), but actually no one present read the whole book. (It turns out the book, Time Travelers wife, is most excellent and I read most of it last night). It was so calm mellow, and peaceful out there. A perfect end to the week. Saturday morning I drove up to Dallas for Laurie Blakeney's workshop (hello Newcomb's google alert). Totally fabulous workshop. It was great to see Laurie. She helped me a ton with my shoulder and also just gave a lot of useful advice/observations about how to integrate the whole Pune experience, not to mention, she was very patient listening to all my first timer processing... We also ate at three excellent places. Cafe Brazil, Curtis' favorite place for chorizo, Tin Star (upscale taco joint) and a Latin American Bakery Zagadun. Yummy.

It was really great seeing everyone in Dallas and really humbling to hear about other people reading the India blog and how much they enjoyed it/ benefited from it. Jenny, it is great to hear from you. I am definitely settling in. We miss you in Texas!!

Jeri, thanks so much for the coffee recommendations. I have been to Eastside Cafe before with my good friend Shannon, but I have not been to the other places. Just the sort of projects a new Austinite needs. I will definitely check out both.

Other Austin recommendations are more than welcome!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anasazi said...

Hi Anne! I'm glad you were able to tag along with us to Trudy's last Thursday. It was a fun evening, and it was also nice learning a bit about you. You're not just "Christina's Big Sister" any more!(or "Christina's Stunt Double" as I've been fond of saying!) Here's to looking forward to many similar evenings!

Cheers, Jesse

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

Christina is in big trouble if I'm her stunt double!

Congratulations on your graduation!