Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Filling in the Gaps

Was planning to go to a class at the Iyengar Institute of London this morning, but I couldn't get to sleep last night until almost 4:30, so getting up to get there for a 9:30 class was not going to happen. I practiced in the room instead. This morning the group is at the Tower of London. I have seen the Tower of London, once ages ago on my first trip abroad with Dad and then on my first trip with the BIC group. That trip to the Tower in particular, I remember as gruelling, I was really really jet lagged and all I wanted to do was sit and there was no where to sit, so anyway, I begged off. I will try to get to the Institute tomorrow while the group goes to Buckingham Palace (which I've also done before, same trips...)

This afternoon, we are headed to the Victoria and Albert Museum. Always a delight.

Other highlights from yesterday, making an umbrella shield against the gale force winds with several students as we waited to get into Canterbury Cathedral, walking in gale force winds and rain with Tom in search of scones. None to be had, though we did have a very nice tea (well, I had espresso and a chocolate brownie, drizzled with fresh cream, got to love England). The Canterbury Cathedral was also really impressive and we also went by the Pilgrim's hospital museum, where there is an intact roof from the 1280s.... (we met a young boy named Robert on the train to Canterbury who told us about this museum).

And I finished Eat, Pray, Love.

2 comments:

whatnot said...

a-HA! looking forward to discussing the book with you some time. =)

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

In all, I enjoyed it. It is a book about enjoyment after all. Look forward to discussing it.