Monday, May 4, 2009

Back in Austin

I've been away a while. First, I went to the Ancient Philosophy Society Conference in Baltimore, then I flew from there to New Orleans for a week long yoga retreat with Patricia Walden. That was a fantastic experience. I learned so much both from her and from 37 other yoginis. It was really a powerful phenomenon seeing so many people with long term yoga practices and how it helps people on so many different levels. It was also fascinating seeing women ranging in age from early thirties to almost 80 and the love of yoga as what brought everyone together.

I got back Friday afternoon, had a really fun weekend hanging out with Jeff, Milo, and Q. Today, I'm back working on things, mostly feeling overwhelmed by my lengthy to do list, but I'm taking Anne Lamott's advice and just handling the list "bird by bird."

Had a nice break at LifeTime Fitness. I rode the exercise bike, and swam some laps, hot tub, sauna, pool, and feel decidedly less stressed. I'm going to Peggy's advanced class at 3:45.

No comments: