Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things





On the off chance that you read this blog and are not on Facebook (which as far as I know is Lisa, Mom and Dad), there's a little game going around where you write 25 random things about yourself and sent it to 25 people who are supposed to do the same. Like Pam, I figure why trust the ephemerality of Facebook when there's the oh so permanent blog... So here's my

25 Random Things About Me

1. I am having a hard time figuring out what counts as random.

2. I wrote my dissertation on Plato’s Symposium.

3. I have a golden retriever puppy named Milo.

4. The auras of at least two cats have appeared to me in dreams.

5. I like singers who can’t sing.

6. I’m a dual citizen of Austin and Waco.

7. I look a lot like my sister.

8. I’ve been to Greece three times.

9. I signed my contract to work at Baylor the day the compound burned.

10. Macaroni and Cheese is still my favorite food.

11. I’m trying hard to be vegan, but I really like cheese.

12. I practice yoga.

13. I meditate.

14. I played soccer in high school.

15. I played clarinet also.

16. I like spicy food.

17. I think Facebook is fun.

18. I desperately need a pedicure.

19. I’ve been to the top of the pyramids in Tikal.

20. I really dislike laminate flooring.

21. I have to make myself read novels these days.

22. I have three blogs.

23. Sometimes a fat cloud follows me around.

24. I’ve been almost finished writing a book for a while now.

25. I have a great boyfriend.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Anne,
Thanks for the shout-out. ;-)
Lately I have been getting serious pressure from a certain friend to join the Facebook generation. She hasn't broken me quite yet, though. I am very intrigued by the cat aura dream. Have a great day...looking forward to class on Saturday!

Adm said...

I share your experience about randomness. Thanks for voicing that.

Mark