Monday, July 20, 2009

The Dog Days of Summer




I have not been a very diligent blogger of late. I was surprised to see it has been 13 days since my last posting. Life in Austin is fun filled, though exceedingly hot of late (as evidenced by resting dogs above).


Okay, the last two days have been slightly, very slightly cooler, but more humid, so it is a toss up really. Mostly, my week day mornings are filled up with meditation and pranayama, walking Milo, writing, various errands, working out and the afternoons and evenings are filled with going to yoga classes, mostly with Christina, but I get to Devon's classes once a week or so. Here are some pictures of us working with a stick strapped to our backs to learn about our postural tendencies, only in iyengar-land.





and the occasional class with Mandy. Weekends are mostly filled with hanging out with Jeff and enjoying the various fun things to do in Austin.

This weekend, we spent a lot of time doing yoga, my class, the chair workshop, Mandy's class, went swimming at the Lifetime Fitness, went to the Wine Bar at Central Market and cooked some great meals together. Last weekend, similar. We checked out a couple of places on Broadie and Stassney, Brick Oven, Maudie's, looked at the menu for Galaxy Cafe and Tino's greek place. Very authentic looking. (side bar) I spent a semester in Greece in graduate school and I ate in a lot, a lot, a lot of Greek Tavernas. sometimes I really get in the Greek Food mode and crave it. It is funny , though after living there for 4 months, I was really tired of the food. I developed an intense salt addiction, that was amazingly difficult to break when I got home... I started missing spicy heat in the food and salt was about the best I could do. Believe me there's a big difference between tzatiziki and salsa over a four month span of time. At the time, I was still really into having ice in my drinks and I could not wait to have ice either. Now, that would not be a problem, but I'd still miss the salsa.

While we were in Georgia, another dog attacked Milo at puppy boarding school and he had to get stiches in his paw, when I went to get the stiches out, the vet tech saw a lump on his chest which came from the other dog separating his skin from his sternum bone and it was filled with fluid. They tried to drain it, but it filled back up in a day or two, so today he had to have surgery and has drainage tubes in. It is really pretty icky, but he's okay. Now he's sacked out on the towel and plastic covered dog bed. .

No comments: